Categories for Food Intolerance
By Potato I mean:
- Potato (any color)
- Sweet potato
- This includes any food containing potato, potato flour, or potato starch.
“Hidden” sources of potato:
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Ascorbyl Palmitate
Foods that contain “hidden” sources of Potato:
- Iodized salt contains dextrose.
- Many soups, stews and other prepared foods contain potato in some form.
- All low-fat, skim milk, and alternative milk products contain vitamin A palmitate.
- Most baking powders (if baked goods bother you, try those without baking powder).
- Most commercial flour (most bread and pastry products contain potato).
- Most yeast contains potato, both baking yeast and beer yeast.
Foods that don’t contain Potato:
- Organic flour and noodles do not.
- Red star yeast does not contain potato.
- Rumford brand baking powder.
- There are beers, which do not contain potato, such as Deschutes Brewery, Tuborg, Olympia, Budweiser, and Corona.