This is Georgeanne’s favorite FUNCTIONALLY FAB LUNCH IDEA: Cabbage Salad, Individual Hummus Cup & 2 Cuties. We have these tips printed out in our lobby at nuHealth. Feel free to pop by and tear off a tip and take with you. Or simply click on the image below to print at home. G will share her Good-for-you tips on the regular in our office and here in the virtual space. Look for our next one soon!
NOTE: This salad holds well until lunch time and is delicious eaten with the hummus. Save the Cuties for a simple and satisfying dessert.
Lemony Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots, chopped
- 5 pitted kalamata olives, or more
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
Simple Olive Oil Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 -2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
If you don’t want to use the brine from the olives, you can use rice wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar.
- Mix all ingredients together and toss with 2 Tbsp dressing and 2 Tbsp of the brine from the kalamata olives.