We found this recipe on CulinaryHill.com.
A couple of us at our clinic have made this and modified it a bit. One of our team members is vegan, so she omitted the bacon and added a bit of coconut oil instead. She also drizzled balsamic glaze when it came out of the oven (you can get it at Trader Joes). Another team member added a mixture of honey and balsamic, in addition to the bacon fat to the raw veg before roasting, which gave the veggies a nice caramelization.
Harvest Roasted Vegetables
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 servings
Calories 180 kcal
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 (1 pound) butternut squash peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary leaves removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet, chop, and set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup rendered bacon fat and discard the rest. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, squash, cranberries, and rosemary with the reserved bacon fat. Spread evenly in a single layer over baking sheet, arranging the sprouts cut-side down as much as possible.
- Bake until vegetables begin to brown and are tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish. Add chopped bacon and walnuts, tossing to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.