Here’s a quick 7-step way to support, feed and strengthen your microbiome, which in turn, helps keep your gut (and likewise, your digestive system) happy!
- Cut sugar and processed food (follow Dr. Neale’s Functional Feeding requirements).
- Eat lots of fruit (if you’re not intolerant), legumes and veggies (especially leafy ones).
- Avoid antibiotics.
- Take your probiotics.
- Eat and drink fermented products (like Kombucha we have in the clinic, sauerkraut, pickled stuff, etc.).
- Load up with prebiotics (some examples are: bananas, asparagus, garlic, onions, leeks, dandelion greens).
- Lower the red meat intake.